Microsoft Project Server 2013 is a flexible, on-premise solution for project portfolio management (PPM) and everyday work. As part of SharePoint 2013 (licensed separately), Project Server 2013 enables team members, project participants, and business decision makers to get started quickly, prioritize project portfolio investments, and deliver the intended business value from virtually anywhere.
Significant changes with the 2013 version increase what browser access can do and simplify usage:
- Based on SharePoint 2013, Project Web App (PWA) gets a Modern UI look. The menu area indented outline list becomes a simpler 1-level list and the display area text list becomes a carousel of rectangular icons.
- Architecture of four Databases becomes one Database with 4 schemas. The change of separate storage areas (Draft, Published, Reporting, and Archived) to being one with flag setting is to lessen the amount of DB admin needed and now allows web access not limited to Published, i.e. can work baselining functions.
- Direct reporting feeds to URLs and Office. Without going through a Project interface at all, reports are made available directly to a URL instead of needing to develop REST feeds, and reports are also directly readable oData by Office products. (e.g. Excel2013 can do File | FromOtherSource | From oData feed).
- SysAdmins and Team Members no longer go through Project. It now provides a simple view for basic project data and management of user access in Sharepoint groups, which were previously reached by navigating through the PWA interface.
Project Server 2013 and Microsoft Project 2013 are not backward-compatible with other versions of Project Server. Project Server 2013 only supports Microsoft Project Pro 2013; and Microsoft Project Pro 2013 only connects to Project Server 2013.
Project Server 2013
- Brand: Project
- Product Code: Project Server
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $1,440.00